What are Buttock Implants?
Buttock implants is the surgical process of placing fat or artificial implants into the buttocks to increase their size or change their shape.
Who Is a Good Candidate for the Buttock Implant Procedure?
If you are considering buttock implants, you will make a good candidate if you:
- have realistic expectations about what the buttock implant procedure can do for you
- are in good health, emotionally stable and do not have any pre-existing medical conditions
- You are not obese and must have maintained a stable weight for several months
- are 18-years-old, or older, and fully understand the buttock implant procedure
Initial Consultation for Buttock Implants
A personal consultation at Park Cities Plastic Surgery is the very first step if you are considering the buttock implant procedure.
During the consultation at Park Cities Plastic Surgery, Dr. David Liland will assess your physical and emotional health, discuss your expectations about the buttock implant procedure, and the likely outcomes of the procedure.
You will also be able to ask questions, and discuss the available options and risks involved with the buttock implants procedure.
At Park Cities Plastic Surgery, Dr. David Liland will show you several pre and post-op photos of buttock implants.
Buttock Implants: The Procedure
During the buttock implant procedure, the patient is placed under general anesthesia and an incision is made either at the back of the upper thigh or down the buttock crease. A pocket is created to insert the implants over the muscle. Both buttocks are checked for symmetry before the incisions are stitched closed. The buttock implant procedure usually takes two to three hours, but can vary depending upon the stretch of the tissue and makeup of fat deposits under the patient’s skin.
Pre & Post-Op Tips for Buttock Implants
- Do not take any medication that contains aspirin, vitamin E, weight loss medication, or Chinese herbs for two weeks prior the surgery. A complete drug list will be provided on your pre-op appointment date.
- Arrange for an adult to drive you to and from your surgery. You CAN NOT take a taxi home. You must arrange for an adult to stay with you for 24 hours after the buttock implant procedure.
- Do not smoke for at least four weeks prior to the surgery.
- Keep head elevated on several pillows to minimize swelling.
- Apply cold to decrease bruising and swelling for the first two days. (Try frozen peas.)
- Driving is permitted after a few days, if not taking pain medications.
- Avoid heavy lifting, straining, or bending over, for two weeks.
- You may resume all normal activities after four weeks of the buttock implant procedure.
Specific recommendations will be discussed when you arrive for your consultation at Park Cities Plastic Surgery in Dallas.